An original piece of research specifically aimed at uncovering ‘The ROI from automation in cell-based therapy bioprocessing and supply chain’.
The focus will be on the impact of automation (as compared to manual processes/operations) on a range of aspects, including but not limited to: Cost of Goods, Production & delivery timescales, Footprint of equipment (relating to cost), Quality and regulatory compliance, Scalability (volumes and yields).
- The impact/ROI at different stages of the R&D process will be explored, from early clinical phases onwards, as well as the relative success of both outsourced and in-house approaches, and of ‘off-the-shelf’ and bespoke solutions.
- Expert opinion will be drawn from industry (pharma and biotech, CMOs, tool providers), academia and other global cell-based therapy experts (including regulatory experts)
- The scope of the report will span a range of different cell-based therapeutic platforms (including cell based immunotherapies, somatic stem cell therapies and iPSCs)
- Conclusions will be drawn in the form of predictions for the future impact of automation on the C> field (timescales, likely pathway(s) for future technology development) as well as recommendations for cell therapy manufacturers seeking to invest in automation today
- The report will be combined with the outcomes of the Automation SIG event and distilled into a Position Paper to be published in a peer-reviewed journal of standing
The report will be released in July.